Daisy the Chihuahua's love of fishing with her dad almost cost her her life. She was rushed to the Animal Referral Hospital after swallowing a pre-baited fishing hook...

HOOKED! - Daisy's Delicate OperationDr John Angles, head of the Internal Medicine team attempted to remove the hook with an endoscope but soon realised the sharp barb made it impossible without major damage to the dog's esophagus.

So surgical specialist Dr Sarah Goldsmid was called in on her day off to perform surgery.

FAMILY FRIENDLY VERSION
NOTE: The entire hour+ procedure has been edited to approximately 5mins, however we do show the actual extraction of the fish hook around 1'30" to 2'30" - viewer discretion advised.

VETtalk Radio
 Available through iTunes - FREE!   Available on iHeartRADIO - FREE! 

 

Click image for more!

Please support
The Australian Animal Blood Bank!

We Support The Australian Animal Blood Bank

Learn About Our Channels

Already registered? Log-In below


Register Now... It's FREE!
Not yet registered?
It's FREE here